Starting a new garden seems quite harder than an established one. Beside fighting grass and weeds, there's the placement of vegetables and such. Growing up, I don't think they varied much even in placement.
So since its been awhile since we've planted and already have been blessed I can give you an update without the wait! We got one really good row of green beans. The other two rows, L. and I accidently planted pole beans without knowing it and they didn't turn out so well. Who would have thought! So we had plenty for fresh eating but were unable to can any... oh well, fall garden!
My mother-in-law said the squash wasn't nearly as good as it should have been, but have never planted squash before, I was very excited with the plant. I even have a few bags frozen!
According to our neighbors we have a good batch of tomatoes (there's didn't turn out so well). However, there didn't seem to be as many tomatoes as we had back home.
Onions and carrots are still growing. I think they're doing well.
Cucumbers turned out ridiculus and we're not sure why. They ended up being gourd looking with a yellow tint. Thankfully our neighbor said hers were doing that too, so it s not our gardening skills but we couldn't bring ourselves to make pickles from them... just too strange looking. I wish I had a picture to show you!
~Olive