So the house is pretty much finished and it feels good to be settle in. I know, I know. I need to take photos and put them up... I will. However, I found this photo of the island being created and had to put it up. This is a team effort island that is one of my favorites in the house. When Popeye and I were discussing what to do with kitchen countertops (because we wanted the kitchen to have pizzaz but didn't want to spend a fortune or formica, etc.) we came up with tile. From there.... I came up with the pattern and Popeye used his fancy program to draw it to scale so we knew dimension (I don't do dimensions AT ALL. You ask Popeye and my father-in-law when we were drawing up house plans!)
Here's it in progress and a pic of me enjoying it :O)
~Olive