It wasn't too long after moving in that a garage sale was much needed. Popeye's mom and sisters were more than willing to pitch in and help so we had our first garage sale... then our second. Hoping for a final one when the weather cools down a bit. It feels great to purge, especially because I realized how much stuff we had when we had to place it in a storage facility for almost a year! You really begin to understand what you miss and what you can get rid of...... unfortunetely for Popeye, the shoes I missed but, knowing I have way too many, I decided to get ride of a few for our closet floor's sake! :O)
Books was another major one for us. We had five very big boxes of books (ugh they were heavy!) and its so very difficult to part with them ... either though there are MANY that haven't been read. It's always just hard to get rid of them.
Overall the garage sale was a success. L. even found a new outfit to take home with her :O) VERY stylish!
~Olive