Since my bro and sis-in-law and soon to be niece/nephew were moving to Hawaii, I headed home for several good-bye parties and a baby shower. It wasn't all sadness though as I got to see special people and even go to Alisha's track meet. I was there for about two and a half weeks, which is THE longest Popeye and I have ever been away from each other. It made it easier since I was with my fam. I hold that it was a prep period for the upcoming weeks of him traveling for work. God was faithful though and we communicated by phone daily and I had a grand time with the family.
Much to my dismay, my leaving fell on the same day they left for Hawaii. Not good timing right?! Nope. We took them to the airport and saw them off, and then stuck around until my plane was ready to go. They were in a decent state when I left but I can't vouch for the ride home. Poor mom and dad. They both always wanted all their kids to grow up and stay around the area, so far, that hasn't happened. I have a feeling, though, the Lord's going to use this for something good and that in the end.... we might just end up not toooooo far away :O) but then there's a lot closer than Hawaii and here right? :O)
~Olive