Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Front Yard Gets a Facelift

So while my parents were here, they helped me beautify the front yard. We had pulled most of the grassy plants and put in more flowering items that would bloom at different times from spring to fall. Hopefully they get big and fill in around the trees. Much to my father's dismay (though he was a good sport and helped out!! :O) I wanted to enlarge a soon-to-be mulched area around a tree so sure enough, we had to tear up the sod. Thankfully, we have some weird viney grass that was easy to cut through but by halfway through the size I was going to dig up, definitely shrunk :O)

I am so thankful it was beautiful weather (even if gardening a lot in the rain :O)
Right now it is WAY too hot to do any gardening. Can anyone say 103 degrees! Don't ask me how much humidity. I really try to stay inside and not think about it!


~Olive