I worked a whole week-and-a-half at the school before it was even noticed that I wasn't yet approved with the school board. The school board has to approve the applicant before they are allowed to substitute and they get to go on school payroll. Somehow, I fell through the cracks.
We are required to take a class on substituting. I went to this three hour long class, where they told us there was a board meeting coming up on Tuesday and we should know by then. We were also told to stop by the school and say, 'hey' , so the principals know who we are. Soooooo, a week later (several days after the supposed board meeting) I went around to the schools and let them know who I was and that I would be available for substituting. I didn't make it farther than the HS and they put me to work that day. Since then, I had several calls to work, not only from the HS but from the MS as well. Somehow, there is a big miscommunication here.
So, I'm just waiting. Not that they house doesn't demand a lot of attention, but I can't work until the principal calls and lets me know otherwise. oops!
~Olive