Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Amazing Visit With Dirty Hands

So, I've been painting the house. Most of the colors are picked out but its taking me forever. Just me, painting these walls.... two layers. I had only finished three rooms when THEY come..... Popeye's family arrived to save the day. Everyone came to help and in the space of a few hours we had the first coat on EVERYTHING. There wasn't a thing that wasn't painted! Even R. helped with the paintbrush. It was a lot of fun too, to have everyone there. I was just astonished though at how fast everyone worked!

Story of the day:

So little R. was helping paint. At only 6 years old she was doing a great job on my closets. She's got braids in her hair, old tennis shoes on, and a rag on her head. One thing she forgot... to spit out the gum. Mom L. and I were working in the bathroom when in comes R with an 'uh-oh' look on her face. "What's up?" I asked her. "Um.. my gum, I was twirling my paintbrush around in the paint," she makes a twirling motion with her fingers, "and it fell out in the paint." I could hardly keep from laughing and the smile creeps onto my face. "Well, just dig down in the paint and get it out, you can't leave it in there," I tell her. She leaves and I figure that's the end of it. Nope. Not three minutes later and she has both of her hands covered in tan paint up past her wrists. "Where do you want me to put my gum," she asks.

~Olive