Tuesday, February 3, 2009

New Job

So I decided to get a flexible job. Substitute teaching seemed like a great job, flexible in case my fam comes down or we go up so I apply at the local school. I had worked in the 9th grade wing for almost a week and gotten to know several kids in that area. There's just some things you don't expect though....


I had been hearing all morning about a kid who was wearing purple pants. While purple is an unusual color, there's weirder things they can do. So, when I see one of 'my students' walking across the cafeteria in purple tights, all I can do is shake my head.

"Kevin, what are you wearing?" I ask the 9th grader with shaggy hair and a band sweatshirt on.

"Well hey, Miss L. You like my pants? Their my girlfriend's pants." He says, a big smile on his face.

"I can see that, Kevin. Why are you wearing your girlfriend's pants?" I ask, hoping that a possibly stupid question would not get an equally stupid answer. I was wrong..

"They make my butt look sexy, Miss L." He starts to turn like he's going to show me his butt in them.

"No, Kevin," I rest my hand on his shoulder to stop him from turning anymore. " I think maybe you should stick to your own clothes from now on.



I guess maybe things have changed since I was in HS?.

~Olive


(student's name is changed)