Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Christmas in the Midwest

We dared the cold (and the drive) to go for Christmas in the Midwest. Popeye had a nice long two week vacation and we went up for little over a week. It was wonderful. Although I LOVE seeing everyone, it was great just going up and relaxing. Its hard to explain. I wish there was a balance of seeing everyone you never get to see and having home be just like it used to be... relaxed and comfortable. Maybe someday :O)

I always love Christmas time though. Particularly in the midwest. There's something so cozy about it being soooo cold outside and being all bundled up inside that is so sweet.

Best thing about going home to my parents.... going shopping with me mom and sis for starters! Miss doing that with them. 2)My sis and I plotting a Christmas surprise of pretty much all gifts we make!!! 3) My sis and I learning something completely random and artsy.. this year we etched glass!!!! 4) My dad and I running to get doughnuts and eating McD's for breakfast when my mom serves lunch at church. 5) Lounging around in my pjs for a full day with nothing to do, nowhere to go, while watching tv and playing pool.


After a grand time with my family we headed to Popeye's family Christmas. His dad's side was having a Christmas grab as they do every year and it was a blast! His poor aunt got sick the morning of, which was sad b/c then she wasn't able to make it. Grandma made a delicious Veggie soup of which I got the recipe. We were able to stay with Popeye's brother and sister-in-law's new place and check it out!

We headed back home early so that we could work on the house while he had off and my parents were coming down to help. So sad... another Christmas past.

~Olive