We have a house! So, we're not really closed on the deal yet but we're well on our way to getting it. It's a 'little' one-story brick home that needs what you might call a lot of TLC. The inside is all wood paneling, no drywall so that's fixer upper #1. It's a 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath, so making it a 3/2 is fixer upper number #2. And lastly but not so cheaply is a very small kitchen that needs to be a bigger kitchen, fixer upper number #3.
It's a rather big home, though, with almost 2,000 square feet. It really has a whole lot of potential and Popeye and I are both REALLY excited for this project to sink our fingers into. Popeye has really missed not having stuff to do around the house this past year since we were living in an apt, but this will no longer be a problem (well, for awhile anyways). I'm looking forward to stripping the cabinets and revarnishing them in the laundry room and picking out paint colors. It's a really great opportunity for Popeye to put to use some of the knowledge passed down from his dad and for me to learn how to do some of this remodeling stuff around the house! I may just have to wear a tool belt :O) I'll be posting before and after pics on here as things hop along so you can see the progress. -Olive