
Christmas went by fast, as usual. Emmett has mastered the art of ripping paper-- big pieces, small pieces, 'edible' pieces. We spread his Christmas gifts out a bit so as to enjoy them more because attention spans still aren't real great at 9.5 months. He liked to start opening them without us :O)
In all honesty, we were very blessed (as usual) this holiday season. There was no great need that wasn't filled... Popeye's socks.... and we had an overflowing amount of time spent with family and friends (our favorite). We get to spend time with Popeye's family soon for a whole week!!! I asked if it could be two weeks but I suppose there is such a thing as work!
Now that 2011 is here, I have my New Year's Resolutions that I'm 'attacking' with full force.
#1 Get back into the Couponing Game.
I've been pushing it off because of the new area, so many shopping options, and just unfamiliarity of the policies (plus my couponing buddies were gone!!). No longer!! Emmett and I went on our first couponing shopping trip today.
Our $17 purchase: 4 boxes of Special K Cereal, 3 tubes of toothpaste, 1 bottle shampoo, 4 infant advils, 2 toothbrushes, and 2 packages of no-slip hair things. Phew. We should be set again for awhile. We have our strategy planned out for next week too... I'm kind of excited about it!!
#2 Figure out Doctors, Dentists, Specialists, etc.
No surprise I've been putting this one off too. Between lack of knowing my way around and afraid of getting a 'quack', I've been hesitant to venture out. My lovely sister-in-law gave me some names and I'm happy to say that Emmett went to his first Peds appt earlier this week. Let's just say at 24.5 lbs and 30.5 inches long he's doing just fine!
#3 Read a book a month
This might sound like low expectations but trust me, its not. Sad to say, I could count on one hand what I've read since little man was born... boy he's busy and we just have 1! I'm not specifying which books just in case one month has to be a super easy read :O)
#4 Take one community class
This one is negotiable. I would love to take a class at the community college just for the fun of it... learn something new. I went through learning withdraw when I graduated college and while its true you never stop learning from sheer experience, I would love to sit in a classroom again and write, or draw, or something-- I'm even willing to take an exam :O).
So that's it to end / begin the new year. It ended in a tired parent fashion.... I was alseep by 10:30 PM. My HS and college friends can attest that I never was a big late night party animal and clearly that has not changed. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas / New Years!!!
~Olive