So we were at Mule Day and little R. LOVES to walk around with us. She has a great appreciation for the fun of festivals and loves the food! I don't know if she's ever had a turkey leg but you should have seen her attack mine! She loved it and it was funny to watch her bite into that big ole thing. We then got a smoothie and she also devoured this. We were walking around together (which is enough to make anyone hungry) and Mule day is set around this lake so you're sort of walking in a big circle. We were on the other side of the lake when I look down and she is falling asleep as she walks. I catch her in time and she's asleep as soon as her head hits my shoulder. I then proceed to carry and growing now 5-year-old to the other side of the lake and onto her very own blanket. But who could blame her. It was looking pretty good to the rest of us at about this time. We were all up at 4:00 AM to get there in time to set up, including R.
Things on the list to do next year at Mule Day. Visit the Mule Museum.. yep, they have a whole museum dedicated to mules. We probably should have visited that one. Watch the Mule Day parade (I'm curious how many mules they had in it!). And finally watch the mule judging. I only heard the announcer and the applause as we were walking by... but how do they judge a mule????? All good questions to find out next November!!!!
Signing off-
Olive