Friday, November 28, 2008

The Family Comes


The family came for an early holiday. They got in early Sat. (surprising all of us who were still in our pajamas) and stayed until Wednesday morning. We don't have our house done yet, as many of you probably know, though there has been great headway, and so they rented the one vacation rental to be found in my town. Thankfully, it was big enough for all seven of us (Popeye still had to work and slept at his parents house), and it was right on a lake.

We had fun while they were here. My not-so-little sister-anymore loves horses and C., Popeye's brother, hooked us up with some horses so that the family could go horseback riding. Oh my, did my sister NEVER want to get off those horses. She rode until after it was dark and my mom made her get off. We got to spend some time with Popeye's parents during the weekend, too.

On Monday, we went shopping. Mom, M. (my brother's wife), and I really wanted to get some Christmas shopping done so the guys were willing to acquiesce. We didn't really buy a lot, mostly because they were going to have to haul it all back in an already crowded trunk, but I was almost done anyway.
On Tuesday, I gave them a tour around town and we got out and walked around down town. My poor youngest brother was at his wit's end though because to him it was just more shopping. The rest of us thought it was pretty cool to see what was around... there's always some unique stuff. We did go bowling after wards though and Popeye caught up with us. My dad and S. ended up beating us all but it was all for fun... and we got to see some 'real bowlers' play.
We took our family picture on Wednesday morning before they left. Its a rare opportunity to get us all together at this stage in our lives so a group pic was a MUST!!

It was real sad to see them go. I had a lot of fun hanging out with them and just relaxing. I know it couldn't happen all the time because we have to work, make money, and do all that adult stuff, but what a great vacation. Popeye said I was the most euphoric he'd ever seen me. He had even given me bad postponement news on the house and I wasn't upset. I believe he was thinking of sending me back with them :O)

~Olive