Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Getting Ready for Mule Day


We set up at Mule Day last weekend. This is our second show and it was said that we would see roughly 50 to 60 thousand people. We don't think we saw that many but then we weren't far from the porta potties. I might have stayed farther away if I was them too. Overall, though. We got a decent amount of traffic but to Popeye's brothers' relief there were plenty of cake leftovers for them to munch on. We did make lots, though. We had about thirty something loaves of bread, twenty something cakes, about 50 dozen cookies and lots of snack mixes, drink mixes, and such. It was such fun though! The mornings here are cold though and we learned for next time that we need thick shoes so they won't get dewey and our feet won't freeze, three layers in the morning is not enough, and its still dark at 6:30 to set up the canopy. :O)

We had lots of special help though getting ready. H. was a fabulous baker and even did things such as the popcorn balls herself. J., who's a whiz at the 3-D things, put together the cake boxes for us. L. can make bread like no tomorrow. Mom is wonderful at the artsy stuff like the tags and bows and baking some delicious breads. I'm not sure what my specialty was (maybe the optimism) but I can bake and package.

Overall, I'm looking forward to setting up again next weekend at Old South Day. This is supposed to be our final weekend, but..... we'll see :O) Who knows, we might just decide to do more it's so much fun!

-Olive