Thursday, February 27, 2014
Book Review: Bible Stories for His Beautiful Princess by Sheri Rose Sheperd
I was recently able to review the book Bible Stories for His Beautiful Princess by Sheri Rose Shehperd thanks to Tyndale House.
Bible Stories for His Beautiful Princess is a devotional book for little girls with condensed Bible Stories starting with Creation through Jesus' death and resurrection. Each devotional has illustrations that fit that particular Bible story as well as a Bible verse at the beginning, a small section at the end of each story with a short one to two sentence prayer and what the book calls a 'Princess Jewel', or something to pull away from the story. There is an illustration of a different princess at the end of each of the stories.
This book is really precious for young girls. My two-year-old loves the illustrations and is always excited by the princess illustration at the end. The stories are short enough to hold their attention and the 'Princess Jewel' at the end sums it up nicely for them. The prayers, too, are short enough that they are easy to say and for the child to grasp. While the book is definitely geared towards girls (or 'Princess'), my young son will also sit and listen so it still holds the appeal of a toddler in general.
I will say however that while I would personally recommend this book, I would do so for very little girls, maybe 2-4 year-olds. Older girls may enjoy it as well but the stories leave out a lot of, what I consider, basic information. Overall a very cute devotional that is sure to get every 'young princess' attention!