Saturday, October 8, 2011

October Swim

Oh Emmett. Oh my little guy.

We went to a park/garden place near us with a children's play area. It had forts, slides, little water things, etc. spread out among a huge garden. We stopped at a little fountain thing that had a small cascading water fall. There were large stones the kids could take out of the water and throw back in as well as statue frogs that spit out water. Emmett LOVED it.

After us moms had enough of the water, we went to a fort thing that was right next to it. ..... Emmett wasn't really that interested in the fort. He found the kids' tunnel that led back to the water section. I thought he was right on the other side until I realized it was one of the other little girls we came with the other mom was talking to.

I headed back over to the water section but before I reached it, I heard crying. It was a familiar cry. I saw moms looking and saying, 'ahh, that little boy fell in.'

I rounded the turn and saw Emmett. Picking himself up on one of the waterfall levels, wet from head to toe, and crying. He had apparently tried to get some stones and fell in head first.

He was fine. Just very, very wet.

He wanted a hug or two and then down. He wasn't done with that water yet. There were still more rocks to throw and water to hit at.

Thankfully we brought extra clothes. :O)

Oh my little guy.

~Olive