Thursday, October 13, 2011

Emmett's Favorite Things

So I was thinking the other day that Emmett has his very favorite things.... toys and items that I know will come out sometime during the day. While he reminds me every now and then that I can't put some things into storage I'd like, his play is changing!!! That wonderful imagination of his is definitely headed towards 'action figures' and imagination games.We recently got Emmett some new rain boots as he's had a few growing spurt since Uncle Mike and Aunt Regenna got him his first pair (a size 5), we're now on size 7/8s. Emmett has a pretty good shoe fascination and these are his 'go-to' boots. Whenever I tell him to get his shoes, these are the ones he drags back to me.... this is really only a problem on Sunday mornings :0)

He actually plays with these more at his Grandpa and Grandma's house because I tend to keep these somewhat put up but he loves legos. Now, there is a catch. It can't be just legos but it has to be with lego people and wheeled lego..... DUPLO to be exact (all the 1 1/2 -5 ages ). Something about legos mixed with 'wheels' is a great combination for a little boy's budding imagination.
We have one ball in particular that Emmett brings to his daddy as soon as he gets home from work. I can't decide from watching them play if Emmett will love basketball or soccer but right now he tries his hand (and foot) and both. :)

Every morning we start out with Curious George cartoon episode and breakfast. It's on our tv about when he wakes up. He owns the original cartoon movie as well for long car trips but if any cartoon can keep him completely entertained it's this one. I don't mind as its based off a book and Popeye actually enjoys watching it too.

We actually own an older version of this that I found at a garage sale without any cars to it. I found some cars a while back at another garage sale for 25 cents so I picked them up to go with it. Although we don't have any people, he doesn't seem to mind. He loves playing with this thing and loves to run the elevator up and down.... also it has sound!!!

His uncle Josh and aunt Bethany found a fire engine that makes noise somewhere and picked it up for him. He is all about this firetruck toy!!!! He loves this thing. Not only does it make great noises that he LOVES to imitate but he can carry it around by the ladder.... super!!!

~Olive