9 Weeks
He's getting big fast! Recently, I've noticed his frustration at not being able to grab things. Oh, he's trying but he hasn't gotten it figured out yet. He's really alert and focused though so I thought we should try this little attachment to the green bouncer. Unfortunately it just made him mad because he couldn't get to it..... maybe someday he'll enjoy it :O)
I was reading in this baby update thing online about how at 9 weeks they should be able to sit slightly reclined and now is a good time to try out swings and bouncers.... I just had to laugh. Other babies are just getting in them, I can hardly put the tray down anymore he's getting so long!!!! We even take a little umbrella stroller out for strolls! Be that as it may, he still loves his swing and takes a 3 to 4 hour nap just about every morning in it!!!
Tummy Time. Something I haven't really done yet because he's always been able to lift up his head. He's been enjoying using his feet recently to push himself up and 'stand' without not much help from us so I decided maybe I should give him a little tummy time to encourage the crawling first (don't really want him to skip that one). Anyway, it didn't go well (my fault) I put a fuzzy/satin blanket down on hardwood. If he wasn't sliding around on it, he was shoving it in his mouth... I have to rethink my blanket choice next time :O)
~Olive