So I had my 'check-up' today as the due date gets closer. Everything is looking good and I'm super thankful for that. The baby is still in a good position and extremely active.... which hasn't changed much over the past couple of weeks. Even the midwife got a good chuckle over his movement. She felt around and after feeling where his spine, head, legs, etc were at she declared that we are NOT having no little petite 7 lb baby.... not surprising. Popeye was almost 8 lbs 11 oz so this little baby Lindberg is taking after his daddy apparently. (Although we are in no way competing or desiring to compete with Eric and Ris's Handsome Chunk ;o)
I wasn't 100% sure until talking with the midwife today but the baby has definitely 'dropped' so things are getting a little bit more uncomfortable and I suppose I'm waddling more like a penguin than before. I haven't really been ready for him to come out and meet us yet but then I've been feeling really, really good. I'm thinking though if we have many more weeks of this grinding feeling, I'm definitely going to be ready.
Still, at almost 38 weeks I'm content to say... when he comes, he comes. Does no good trying to tell baby Lindberg (or God for that matter) when he needs to show up. :O)
oh yeah, and we finally chose a name... phew. But we're still not telling ;o)
~Olive