Sunday, September 14, 2008

Wonderful Photography Help


wedding party


Most of you know that I do a little wedding photography on the side. Well, I had a wedding this past weekend.... a most interesting wedding. Actually, its been my most stressful yet for several different reasons. First and foremost being that it was an indoor wedding. Thus far, I've had outdoor weddings with plenty of NATURAL light. Secondly being, this was a renewing of vows so this lady was older, more traditional than my previous younger brides so..... well, that makes creative views a little different. And lastly, there were over 40 in the wedding party. You read right! OVER 40! There were best man, matron of honor, 7 groomsmen, 7 bridesmaids, 1 jr best man, 1 jr maid of honor, 7 jr best men, 7 jr bridesmaids, 7 flower girls, 2 ring bearers, 1 baby bride and 1 baby groom (not to mention the happy couple of 25 years!). Phew. It was like taking an extended family portrait when it came to shooting the whole party (indoors!).

(baby bride and baby groom!!! so cute!)

However, this blog isn't about the wedding itself... its about my amazing help. Popeye was originally supposed to shoot pictures as well and his younger brother B. was supposed to assist. Well, that's great and should probably happen for future weddings however Popeye ended up having to work so B. took over as assistant and photographer! He was GREAT! He was there, covering up close during the wedding, shot some great shots, and really worked hard. I felt completely confident in sending the groomsmen over to him to shoot off to the side as I shot the bridesmaids to get through pictures quicker.

Thanks B. for such great help!

-Olive