Sunday, September 14, 2008

Update On House


The air conditioner now works!!!!! Though we can't use it quite yet. Not until the drywall is up and sanded b/c of the dust we make working in there. We had to replace an outside box and add a vent to the laundry room so I was overheated in the summer.

The floor is torn up! When I say floor... I mean cement, taken out, dirt shoveled out, all pipes exposed. We have to reroute some of the plumbing lines which should be done this week. This was a very nasty job... dust everywhere, cement's heavy to carry, and red clay dirt is messy! But with the help of C., B. and L. (yes, we even asked Popeye's sister to help on this one!) we got it taken care of!

The wiring is still in the process. Our main concern has been the floor so this week we're going focus on the wiring as well. There isn't too much to go but it all takes time!

Framing has basically been completed. We couldn't do above the bathroom doors b/c we've got to hook up tub/showers after the plumbing is complete.... hate to not be ableto get it through the door!!! I'd have to post pictures of that one ;o)

And lastly, I have all my cabinets. I have a TON of cabinets. I mean a TON. I think I will have more closet/cabinet space than we need but that's okay with me. Rather have too much than the other way around but now I'm on duty staining them, etc. We bought them unfinished to save a little money. Then... much to Popeye's dismay, it took me buying four to five different kind of little sample stain bottles to find the one I wanted. I never knew picking stain was so difficult! I've finally settled on one and believe it or not, it matches my mother's. This was not intended. I really didn't set out for that. I think maybe its something in my subconcious.

That's the update. After this upcoming week we should be able to put the walls up and really see the rooms! YEAH!!!

-Olive