The men spent last Saturday (despite hurricane weather and no electricity) putting in electrical boxes and laying out the wiring. Once we get some 1 x 3's up and the electrical work finished we can start drywalling our ceilings in the front rooms of the house. However, we still have the plumbing then to do and this is a rather tedious task from what I've told. We are still weighing our options. Hiring plumbers would be faster.... but we're cheaper labor!
I haven't really been at the house for over a week (minus getting the mail). (Side note: a common UPS perception of our house as of recently is that the house is vacant and we have moved out. While we may not technically live there at this present time, I still wish they'd leave my packages. Perhaps I shouldn't have had them mailed to that address quite yet... I'm optimistic!) Popeye's mom and brother traveled to the grandparents to help them move and I volunteered to help out around the house. Going into it, I knew the kids were going to miss mom..... I mean who wouldn't! So Popeye's oldest younger sis and I set out to keep them busy. We painted, we baked, we made rainbow jello and caterpillars chains. I think I've read more children's books than when I was in my FAVORITE summer activity: Summer Reading! Even the hurricane helped out by turning off the electricity at random times during this past weekend... creating a little excitement and adventure! Overall, even though they still missed mom (and their bro) I think that we were successful!
Mom and bro are back now though (despite Atlanta airports crazy computer mishap!) and that means tomorrow is BACK TO BUSINESS!!! Which I am thoroughly excited about. We get to nail some boards to our ceiling :O)
-Olive