Friday, November 1, 2013

Random Adventures (August-October)

Music at the Park one beautiful August evening.

We finally got season tickets to the Zoo!!  The men need to figure out the map first!

Lion rides for Emmett!

We spontaneously drove to Indiana to go to the circus that was in town for one night.  The kids loved it!!

Grandpa paid for Emmett and Alisha to ride on the Elephant!!!

Getting stuck in her dresser I'm painting.

Getting ready for a bear hunt, so i was told :)

Mom, Alisha and I dressed up for the FlireFly 5K!!!!  Alisha won a prize in the costume contest portion!!!

Emmett helps me make applesauce!  He washes the apples.

But there's no keeping him out of the messier jobs either!

Official Taste Tester.

My first batch of tomatoes for canning!!  I was soooo tired of tomatoes by the time I was done.

This year made: Tomato juice, Salsa, and Spaghetti sauce.... next year maybe sauce too!

Matthew was given free tickets to this Nascar event near us so we took the kids.  We didn't stay long but it was FUN!!

And since they had turkey legs we HAD to have one of those too!  Kids devoured that thing!!

The trucks were soooooooo loud.  Thankfully we had ear plugs!  We had to leave when the kids' started falling out and falling through the bleachers.

Morton Pumpkin Festival with Matthew's family!!!! First time I'd ever been.  It was HUGE!  The parade had gone an hour before we left and it still wasn't finished yet!!

Family photo

Bug Catching one afternoon.

The nets were marked down 80% at target so for $1.19 we have cool nets for future bug catching endeavors!!

Caught a butterfly!!!

Riding Bruiser!!

Bruiser got wayyyyyyyy to close for this girl's liking.

Petting Alisha's bunny rabbit.

Yeah!!!!! We got the girls for a few days in September so we had to make the most of it!!! Day #1: The BEACH!!

Eating Lunch! (and getting attacked by sea gulls).  We learned you CAN NOT feed those birds or one turns into 12 circling overhead!!!  Thankfully Emmett chased them off!!

Digging a deep hole!

Day #2: SCIENCE AND INDUSTRY MUSEUM in Chi-town

only German captured submarine. soooooo neat!

Fastest passenger train in the 1930's?  Actually very beautiful inside too!

Cool Train set display showing from Chicago to Seattle.  Amazing!!!

Picaboo!

Inside that fastest train: Sisters Picture!

Matthew and I participated in the Eat Dirt 5K obstacle course: Before with a clean photo!!!

After the race but also AFTER we took an outdoor shower!  We donated our shoes to the needy (they would be washed first) and we rode home barefoot.  What an awesome date morning!!!!!!

I just love this photo of these two.  My attempt to potty train one day.  Didn't work but they were two peas in a pod.

Back to the Farm this year!!!

Holding baby chicks.

Going to get pumpkins before we leave. 

Emmett found his!!!!

Audrey's indecisive about which to choose.

Holding hands on the car ride.  What sweeties :O)
PHEW!!!!!

okay, well that catches me up for now.  Expecting Baby #3 has slowed us down quite a bit but I'm sure as soon as I'm feeling better we'll be off for more grand adventures together.  One that I'm particularly looking forward too.... our first time at a Hibachi place.... they do fancy knife work, light things on fire, and cook your food right there :O)  I think the kids will ADORE it and I'm super excited to see it too!!!  We have groupons so hopefully as soon as my tummy is feeling better we're going to go check it out!!!!

until the next sum up :O)

~Olive