Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Catching Up Since Easter

Here's the past month and a half in picture format.  We've had lots of fun and had lots of changes.  Our baby girl is getting so big and Em is definitely changing too.  He's understanding us more and communicating better as the months pass... which is great for us.  We now know for sure when he chooses to obey and disobey as a curious and determined two-year-old.  He can also express more what he wants, although he was always good at getting us to understand.  Our favorite phrases right now are 'right' and 'awww, maaannnn.'  He's super sweet.  He loves to cuddle up on the couch with the pillow and blanket with his mommy or daddy and watch Curious George.  He gives kisses when asked.  He loves to be involved in everything.... he knows no stranger in our neighborhood, which could be a bad thing if he ever got out alone.  He loves to help bake.... especially brownies..... especially the eggs. My little man!!!
















Popeye is working some crazy hours recently as the strike is happening at work.  It makes some long days for us but we love having playdates with the Zoester and others from church to help pass our days quicker.  If we don't have a playdate or errands to run, we find ourselves on the deck with the water table.... always a favorite.  The days are wayyyyyy too nice for staying inside all day!

Easter was nice and relaxing.  Because Popeye has been working crazy lately we decided to stay home and not travel anywhere.  Wonderful!!!  We colored eggs with Emmett, who absolutely LOVED it.  He didn't want to add the Cars stickers to them or anything, but loved mixing the colors.  We went to church.  Had a 'fancy' dinner that included crab legs for the fun of it, jumbalya soup, bbq bacon covered water chestnuts.... yummy.  Emmett got to look for eggs that made a message (though he can't read yet, I felt like it should have a spiritual side to the search :)  Emmett was willing to share his candy, such a nice boy :)  Overall, it was nice to spend some family time at home together.  We missed seeing both sides of the family but I'm coming to find out (especially with two now) sometimes you just have to say 'enough is enough' and take time for the important stuff.

We got to visit my fam as my 'cousin's' bridal shower was in May.  It was fun hanging out with everyone on the farm again.  Em loved being outside with the cats and the 'uh-oh' (dog).  We could hardly keep him inside.  When he was inside, he usually brought an animal in with him.  My poor mother who would love to have the clean house with all those animals.  Favorite story from the trip: I go upstairs because I hear shreiking and think its Aud.  Come to find Emmett playing steam roller with the kitten.  I take the cat away and thankfully no one stepped on the poo that couldn't stay in the poor terrified kitten during that eventful game.  All was good... the kitten was fine, though now hides from Em when he comes a'lookin'.

We've been attempting garage sales this spring and able to do some subdivision sales successfully.  Unfortunately, we just can't go as long.  I can usually get about 1 hr to 1 1/2 out of the kiddos until enough is enough (Aud. being the biggest complainer if her nap is over).  It's hard for me to call it quits when there's still more to go but that is life this year.  Next year will be better to be sure.  Aud's growing so fast though that I can't keep up with her clothes.  What I thought would fit coming fall she's heading toward now already so we're going to have to rethink our seasons a bit.  I guess its a good thing that I haven't gotten tooooo much.  So hard to gauge when they're that little/big :)  But when I usually only pay $.50 a piece for them, I'm not too worried about the change.  A little sad for some of the cute stuff that she won't get to wear but, that's fine.  Still waiting for that sale that's got the amazingly cute, incredibly take care of items that I just want to buy them out and even willing to pay $1 per item for.   They're out there.  I've seen them.  Help my pocket book when they do because girls' items are just soooo cute.

That's it for now. lol.... sorry for the long discourse.

~Olive


Outside restaurant with the bear!


Audrey and Daddy.... Lovin being held


Emmett on his Toy Eating Breakfast

Rick and Audrey.  She was all smiles for him.

Fire Captain on Patrol

Cozy seat for watching Curious George.

Wearing 'SheShaw's' Cowboy Boots.

Playing with his Water Table.  At two, water is the best thing ever!!!!!


Audrey asleep in carseat.

Dying eggs..... we didn't make enough!!

Finding the 'Message Eggs'. (and the candy!!)