Friday, March 25, 2011

Communication

Emmett has been communicating more and more these days but NOT always verbally. Despite having spoken any recognizable words yet, he has a very definite way of getting his desires across to his mommy......

The other morning I was laying in bed trying to get just a few more minutes of sleep while Emmett roamed the house playing (yes, a bad idea I know), when all of a sudden he's right beside the bed and I feel something hit my hand. I get hit again. I roll over to find an unopened box of Raisenets (Emmett's new favorite 'dessert') on the bed. Anyone else think he's hungry???

Today I was trying to sort through Emmett's shoes and clothes as our seasons are wonderfully transitioning. Emmett found his new pair of sandals in the drawer. He put them on my lap and stuck his foot on top of them indicating that it was time for him to try them on!!!

And as if we don't feed him enough, he has now discovered where the snacks are kept when we are out. I found him in the kitchen with a bag of whale crackers that he had gotten out of the side pocket of the diaper bag. Unfortunately these were already open and half were already on the floor... that didn't stop him from eating them though!!


Any of you who know him know that he's not all nonverbal communication. This morning he had his singing cell phone out and was yelling into it (something very serious must have been happening) as he pivoted in circles. Pivoting is his new thing and often he will go in a circle for no apparent reason. I believe he did about 3 or 4 circles this morning in his excited conversation with the singing phone :O)


~Olive