Monday, March 7, 2011

Birthday Bash!!

Here's pictures from his birthday. It was wonderful and if presents are indication of love, he's smothered in it!!!!


Em and Great Grandpa and Grandma B.


Em & Great Grandpa and Grandma L.

Em and Great Grandma Shoe


Em and Great Grandma Lindy


Popeye trying on Em the rain boots from Auntie Regenna !! He LOVES these things!!



STEP ONE: test out the cake, figure out that it is yummy!!!



STEP TWO: make a very big mess eating such a yummy cake!!


STEP THREE: Get cleaned up from such a big mess. Squeekie clean!


Oh Emmett!!! I'm so excited he's turning one and yet I slightly lament the fact that he's getting so big so fast. Recently, though, it seems like every stage he's in is my favorite... like now. I LOVE this stage.
He carries things around the house (even heavy things like his father's Size 13 work boots!) and his so proud of himself for doing it!!
He is such a food begger.... can't even eat a cookie anymore without a little whine from 30 some inches off the floor declaring his need for some too :O)
And he's such a talker. Not that he wasn't before but now he REALLY wants to tell you something... oh if only those words would work right!!!
He plays games... such as today. I hid underneath the blanket and he came up and peaked under there. When he saw me he laughed and stuck his hand under like he was going to get/or tickle me. He knew he was being so big.
And lastly, he's such a BIG flirt!!! Oh, I say he's friendly but I can be having the WORST time going through the store with him. I mean he's trying to climb out of the cart, he's whining because he's bored, he's pulling things off shelves, and eventually there's a scream involved but we go through that check out line and he's flirting with that lady (whether she's smiling or not) and he's waving his little hand and talking to her in the friendliest fashion. He's got them hooked. He had two young girls at the Hobby Lobby checkout line the other day giggling... seriously giggling at him and making over him. ohhhh boy. Are mom's allowed to stand at the door with a shotgun as their boys get bigger????

Till next time.

~Olive