Monday, April 26, 2010

Way To Soon




Its way too soon to be having this discussion with a 7-week old but, I wanted to set the record straight.....

Friday night was the Rose Festival Parade so we packed up our stuff and headed out to take part in the festivities. I was a little concerned about how Emmett would do, but it seemed as long as I held him he was content to look around. The parade started and we walked down the street while the sirens went by just in case it would scare or hurt his ears. The rest of the parade was fine.

It was in the middle of the parade though that I knew I had 'all boy' in my hands and one that took after his Daddy. While he didn't seem too terribly interested in the rest of the parade, when the motorcycles came to a stop in front of us and revved their engines my son smiled.... big. You better believe I talked to him about that one later that evening. I figured this would come up some day, I didn't realize it's be so soon.