Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Oh Where Is July 15th?

We've passed! Hallelujah, Amen Brother Ben! We've passed our termite inspection and on to bigger and better things- paperwork! In fact, we've turned that in as well. We're really just sitting and waiting on our big beautiful house to be ours. I'm not really sure how long this will take but we're supposed to close on July 15th, a beautiful sunny day, high 90s with just a slight breeze and no bugs or mosquito-like-birds (or is that bird-like- mosquitoes?) Anyway, its real hard just sitting back and waiting. I'm driving Popeye to the end of his hair-- whatever will be left after he pulls it all out.

The deal-O is, I think I'm going to snap... jump right into that deep end. I can't say I've ever had a fabulous patience but God continues to test me on this issue and each time, boy, I think He shakes His head when He sees I've started back at the beginning. As I explain it to Popeye (in order to shed a better light on the subject) its really not a patience issue but rather a get-r-done sort of attitude. I'm productive and used to high levels of activity and working to accomplish a goal. I don't do procrastination very easy. Well, he might somewhat believe me. Either way, say a pray that no one has snapped by July 15th and that we all still have our hair (despite stress or otherwise!).

-Olive