So here's my Emmett story of the week. :O) oh the anticipation :)
We had gotten a birthday cake for Popeye's brother who's birthday is the day after Christmas. There was quite a bit left and we brought it home, eating some here and there. I was back doing devotions one morning when I heard a squeal. (Most of you probably know where this is going :)
Yep, that's right. I go out to the kitchen to see a very excited little boy with a piece of cake in each hand and the rest of it upside down on our kitchen floor and his feet. He had icing down the front of his pants and on his shirt.
Well, he was delighted. Mommy wasn't so much. This icing was a butter cream icing and pretty oily stuff. I made him drop the cake and carried him back to the shower, plopping him in it before attempting to take off any clothes. Unfortunately, the bath was more of a reward than a punishment for his actions. I cleaned up the kitchen while he played in the bathtub. The Emmett's Mommy in me says he was probably eating the floating icing in the tub but I can't say for sure.
Sigh. I wish I had a double so I could have taken a picture despite all that.
Boy he keeps us hopping!
~Olive