We called poison control.
Ahhh, even in the busy rush of the holiday season there are some things that are normal. I still don't have poison control on speed dial yet but I'm definitely considering it.
I had just changed some diapers and was out putting together a Christmas card for someone at Popeye's work when I realized how quiet it had become. He had been tossing toys from a storage bin in his room so it was pretty obvious he was up to something. I walked in and saw the can of diaper supplies that I typically keep on the dresser, on the floor. I went through the apartment and just as I reached our bedroom, Emmett came walking out from behind a chair eating diaper rash cream.
sigh,.
I called poison control immediately, though I usually don't think he eats much of it before I find it but you never know...
For those of you who've never had to check, diaper creme (at least the Target brand) is relatively safe unless in extremely large doses. A little (because let's face it, it sounds just NASTY to eat a lot of that stuff), will just give your child a rather gross oily diaper later on. You should wipe the stuff out of their mouth and have them drink some water.
The rather funny part about the whole thing is guess what I found him doing about 5 hours later.......? yep, hiding behind the chair eating diaper rash creme again!. It got really put up this time!! But who really would eat it twice???
I'm considering putting him on that fear factor tv show at a young age since he apparently has no qualms with eating nasty stuff and no fear of much of anything. is that show even on anymore???
Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and we'll be posting some fun videos / photos if I get around to it :)
~Olive