Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mommy's Scare

What a morning last Friday. Emmett had gotten up early so we were getting few things done around the house when I realize that he is really quiet. As that is usually a bad sign, I went to check on him to find him playing with daddy's deodorant container. I didn't think too much about it until I realized he had white stuff around his mouth. Oh goodness! He's eaten his daddy's deodorant!! I quick checked the container and of course it said take him to the ER or call poison control.

Problem: I don't know where the ER is. Never had to go up to this point.

So I called Matthew and no answer. We then called poor Aunty Laura at 6:30 in the morning!!!! She graciously gave us directions and offered to call poison control while we rushed to the ER.

We weren't even half way there when she called back.... Emmett should be fine. Wash out his mouth, he'll probably throw up, nothing to really worry about.

Phew.

We went home. He didn't really throw up anymore than normal. He acted fine the whole day. I was thankful for this and that we didn't have to go to the ER in our pjs and wild morning hair.

Thank you Jesus! And Aunty Laura for you help :)


Just another day around the Lindy household :)


~Olive