The main reason for heading up north was for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. This is a big deal anymore because so many don't seem to even make it to their 25th (or 10th in many cases) let alone 50 years of loving and putting up with each other :O) We spent a few whirlwind days getting ready for the big event which lasted about 4 hours..... ah , I love doing this sort of thing. Actually, I was very blessed to even be able to help because the daughters were the ones putting it on.... I just got to help :O) My sis was instrumental in getting the scrapbook done on time... we flew! Doing 30 + pages in about a day.... along with a few centerpieces.
It was all worth it though as grandpa and grandma thoroughly enjoyed the day. My mom and aunts did a GREAT job planning it all and getting things ready!!!! My Aunt Melody has a special touch when it comes to decorating and she did a great job making what was just a community building feel warm and inviting!!!! Her husband did a great job packing it all back into the van!!! :O)